Sunday, February 8, 2009

Morning Song





You may have noticed ... who hasn't? ... that I'm still running a little late with my postings here on "Chosen Words."

I'll spare you the details.



Let's just say that I'm (puff-puff) still trying ... trying to catch up without leaving any gaps ... trying, trying, trying ... and one of these days ... or weeks ... or months ... I keep hoping, really hoping.


Meanwhile, thanks for stopping by ... and for your patience.


Here's another of my little poems, an effort to paint a picture with a few words gathered in the quiet of the evening:



MORNING SONG


First light comes
stealing across
slumbering fields,
a door slides open
like muffled thunder
rolling, distant,
then, on the breeze,
a tractor's song.
© 1995
(originally published in Capper's)

Today's word: late

No comments: