Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hot Pursuit






OK, so I couldn't stand the suspense. 

I wanted to take a picture of my funny hat. I didn't want a straight-on shot, but a profile, which would really show off the hat, since it was the primary subject. 


So I set the timer, put the camera on a shelf, posed and waited ... and waited ... and waited. 


I was so sure the camera had snapped the picture without my hearing anything, so I stole a look -- at just the wrong moment! 



The result: a blurred photo of myself with two noses. Serves me right. It also serves to sort of document my activities in recent days ... being shut in by a snow that seemed like it would never end ... then spending the day ... most of it, at least ... clearing sidewalks and driveway.

Bottom line: I hate to throw anything away, so I kept the photo, put it together with this little poem which seems the perfect match for it:


HOT PURSUIT

I go tramping
the echoing stairs
of this old house,
pursuing things
forgotten here,
remembered there,
getting exercise
enough for two.

© 1996

(originally published in 
Capper's)

Today's word: tramping

No comments: