Monday, July 12, 2004

Loafing on the Beach ...

I need a nice soft spot

And someone turning me,
In case the sand's too hot
Or the sun's burning me.

© 1997
(originally published in Capper's)

My apologies for being so late in posting today's poem. I can imagine throngs of people sitting at their terminals all across the Nifty Fifty, perhaps even beyond, waiting for it to appear.
Well, here it is, finally (not one of my best), accompanied by one of my watercolors (not one of my best watercolors, either).
Why so late? I've spent much of the day pacing here and there while the car doctors were tweaking my little red car back into good health. And now, this evening, it's much better, thank you very much.
I'll spare you the details. I can assure you, however, that regular readers of my weekly e-newsletter, "Squiggles & Giggles," (60 readers in 18 states at last count -- and it's free, free, FREE!) know all the details. So, if you really must know, just ask one of them. 
Meanwhile, thanks for paying a visit here. And thank you so much for your patience.

No comments: