Sunday, March 7, 2004

A Simple Request ...

As some of you know, I write a weekly newsletter which I e-mail to a small audience (57 readers in 17 states, at last count). "Squiggles & Giggles" is a potpourri of comments, usually on the lighter side, plus one of my poems.
The most recent installment, however, began on a serious note. Then I reconsidered. Much too personal, and not in keeping with the usual tone of "Squiggles & Giggles," I decided, so I withdrew the item.
I hope you won't mind, though (this is, after all, a personal journal), if I share that item with you now: 
MY THOUGHTS, as I write this tonight, are elsewhere. I wish it weren't so, but it is, and the result is that I am going to break one of the few rules we have here at Squiggles & Giggles: No politics or religion.
No, I am not going to slip in any campaign propaganda. And I'm certainly not about to preach a sermon.
There is, however, one of our group ... my sister, Sue ... who is in the hospital, and could use a miracle. All I am asking is that, if you pray, please say a prayer for her ... now ... tonight ... or on your daily commute. If prayer is not your thing, then may I suggest a moment of thoughtful silence on her behalf?    
Thank you.


Afterthoughts ...
Thank you, J. I appreciate that so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will meditate on your beloved. I wanted to mainly say that I went through your journal and read quite a few really excellent poems and such. So not only will I meditate for Sue I will surely do so in reflection of your poetry. - J. baker